Simplified universal player encoder and renderer
- Lots of format outputs
- Choose the best bit rate
- Tweak player options like aspect or contrast
- Works with popular encoders
- Output limited to 2 video codecs and 3 audio codecs
- Very limited audio conversion
SUPER is a useful media tool that both encodes and renders media files into a variety of different formats.
The evolution of computers reveals a trend toward multimedia desktop apps where users can listen to music, watch videos, surf the net, work and view photo albums.
If you’ve gotten hold of media files, you’ve probably had to convert the files to transfer them on a different device or in order to play it in another application at one time or another.
SUPER makes audio and video conversion a breeze thanks to a well presented interface and a slew of options.
SUPER’s single window interface is divided into audio and video and the selection of output options is done via the three dropdown menus at the top.
There are quite a few formats available. SUPER allows you to convert movies and music to play on recent devices such as Apple iPod, Sony PSP and 3gp for use on Sony Ericsson and Nokia mobile phones.
The huge bit rate menu, from 64 to 9792 Kbps, means you can truly optimize and quicken the conversion process. Unfortunately, SUPER only offers 2 video codec outputs (H263 and MPEG-4) and 3 audio codecs (AAC, AMR wideband and narrowband).
On the audio side, SUPER allows you to select your language from individual tracks, but audio is limited to one channel and one sampling frequency (8000).
It seems SUPER is more suited to video conversion. Luckily SUPER includes recognized encoders such as ff mpeg or mencoder, ensuring a decent conversion process for both audio and video.
Use the buttons at the bottom of the interface to play files and check their quality after having converted them. The Player Options button gives you the chance to tweak video features such as aspect, saturation, hue, brightness and contrast.
All files converted or waiting to be converted are visible in a list and you can verify the streaming link and output status.
SUPER is a very open media converter that even the klutziest of users will find easy enough to use.
- [ADD] DVCPRO25 and DVCPRO50 format to the 'DV Digital Video' Output Container [ADD] new settings to render sequentially numbered SGI and TGA files with the 'Sequence Of Images' profile [ADD] support for sequentially numbered SGI, TGA input files [FIX] Video Bitrate for ASF/WMV by lifting limitation from 6000 to 9792 [FIX] Video Bitrate for AVI,MKV,MOV,MP4,MPG,OGG by lifting limitation from 9600 to 9792 [FIX] bug when rendering DVD in AutoMode with .ifo & .bup files
SUPER supports the following formats
Video: 3GP, 3G2, ASF, AVI, FLI, FLC, FLV, MPG, MOV, MP4, Ogg Vorbis, QT, RM, STR, SWF, VIV, VOB, WMV
Audio: AC3, AMR, MP2, MP3, MP4, Ogg Vorbis, RA, WMA